Although the calendar now shows 2020, welcome to our Toastmasters Mid-Year!
Thank you District and club leaders for all your hard work building excellent clubs. I’m confident everyone is more comfortable in their roles and clubs are hitting their stride, but please finish strong through our June 30th, 2020 year-end.
Looking back, I would like to point out some highlights:
- Support team – Nearly 90 volunteers support clubs across our vast District, the largest within Region 4! Please contact the appropriate person should your club need assistance.
- Convention – Nearly 2,000 Toastmasters traveled from around the world to the Gaylord Resort to attend Toastmasters annual convention. All were treated to amazing educational sessions, leadership elections, speech contests, and networking events. I hope to see you in Paris this August.
- Pathways – Congratulations to 99 clubs for enrolling at least 80% of their club members in Pathways by 12/31/19. Our goal was to significantly increase member adoption rate and you responded by nearly breaking the bank! The $80 gift cards will be mailed soon. (See Incentives)
- Retention – Congratulations to 65 clubs that retained at least 80% of their members as of 12/31/19. Great job creating a club environment where members want to stick around and grow. The $80 gift cards will be mailed soon. (See Incentives)
Moving forward, the District has planned many important events to support our clubs and members. Please review these webpages and our constantly changing calendar for details:
- Toastmasters Leadership Institutes (TLIs) in January
- 2020-21 District Leadership applications due 1/15/20
- Club Officer Training makeups (COTs) in January/February
- Area and Division Speech Contests in February – April
- Annual Conference in May
We look forward to your club finishing the year Distinguished. Most importantly, please remember to ‘Have Fun. Get Better’!
Mike Akins, DTM
District 26 Director 2019-20