Club Charters and Club Meetings
- For the 2020-21 program year, Districts may charter fully online clubs and those clubs do become a part of that said District. This is awesome news for the District as COVID19 has severely impacted our chartering process.
- Policy 2.0 has been updated to reflect that all club meetings are conducted in-person, online or a combination of the two (hybrid).
- All clubs are allowed to meet completely online without re-chartering as an online club.
Hybrid Meetings Resource
Online Meeting Information
Please bookmark this page since updates are posted constantly.
This page will be a repository for how to run online club meetings. We believe this is a new reality for communicating across many industries, so practicing within our clubs should be valuable. We hope clubs will embrace these ideas to reduce our ‘social distance’. We’re here to help.
Recording of Gretchen Vaughn’s ‘Simple tips for fun and successful online club meetings‘ on Saturday March 21, 2020 at 1pm. Watch entire 88 min video replay
Having a Toastmasters meeting online isn’t rocket science. Nor should it be!
Toastmasters clubs around the globe have had their very first online meetings in just the past week—and even had fun together despite the bumpy ride.
Meeting online is still the same Toastmasters you know and love. But puzzling out the logistics of the Timer role or audience evaluations can stump even the most intrepid of double DTMs for hours.
Fortunately, we have several District 26 members with backgrounds in the best practices of virtual meetings, as well as one who was a Charter Member of the very first online-only club (back in the dark ages of March 2016).
These explorers have come together quite literally overnight to lead this webinar with a presentation that answers your FAQs, followed by a Q&A for the questions they didn’t know to answer yet.
Although we may feel like we’re stranded on different planets right now, conducting online meetings is much easier than getting to Mars (or curing Covid-19, whichever comes first).
eCourse : Moving Meetings Online, Caroline McColluch (website)
How to Hold Toastmasters Meetings and Contests Online, District 4 (website)
How to set up online meetings in easy-Speak, rev 3-24-20 (PDF)
Quick Start Guide to Moving Your Toastmasters Club Meeting Online, Roger Fung (website)
We are confident you will learn more by completing these Pathways electives:
- Level 3 ‘Using Presentation Software’
- Level 4 ‘Manage Online Meetings’
Please contact our Pathways Advisor, Susie Overton, at soverton.tm[at]nullgmail.com with any questions.
District 26 has selected Zoom as its preferred online meeting software.
- We are using it for District Business meetings
- We are rolling out assistance to our clubs during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Download free software
- Zoom Video Tutorials
- Zoom Support section
- Zoom articles provided by Cornell IT Dept.
Adding virtual background colors
Toastmasters International Zoom Backgrounds – official backgrounds for use with Zoom meetings – meeting backgrounds and timer backgrounds.
Timer Online Directions Document (Requires desktop zoom – Windows or Mac)
- Images for background – save to your system:
Other online meeting software
- ezTalks Meetings
- Cisco Webex
- Apache OpenMeetings
- Google Hangouts
- Please note, District 26 does not specifically recommend any of these solutions. You may find additional information on this Web Conferencing Apps page.
Toastmasters International Info
Online Connection, Dec 2016