Speech Contests and District 26
The 2022 contests are Evaluation and International Speech.
Speech Contests are one of the many ways toastmasters can grow and perfect both speaking and leadership skills. Contests are conducted in a safe, fair environment that encourages speaking and leadership growth.
Empower Your Speaking
Participating as a contestant in a contest can take your speaking skills up a notch and help you overcome some of those speaking fears. There are five types of Contests that require speakers:
- International Speech
- Table Topics
- Humorous Speech
- Tall Tales
There are additional roles at contests to practice your speaking:
- Chief Judge
- Sergeant at Arms
Online Speech Contest Best Practices
Links to International webinar recordings are provided below, along with additional resources to help you prepare.
- Online Speech Contest Best Practices webinar recording (zoom recording)
- Online Speech Contest Best Practices (2021-2022 Toastmasters Contest Cycle)
- Video Recording Guidelines for Online Speech Contests
- Virtual Timer Backgrounds
- Digital Speech Contest Certificates
- Area Director Procedures for 2021-2022 Speech Contests
Playlist of 2022 Contest Training (YouTube)
- Full Playlist
- Opening Comments
- Toastmaster Introduction
- Welcome to Contest Season
- The Contestant
- Introduction for Contest Chair
- The Contest Chair
- Introduction for Contest Toastmaster
- The Contest Toastmaster
- Introduction for Contest Chief Judge
- The Contest Cheif Judge
- Introduction for the Ballot
- The Contest Judges
- Introduction for Contest Panel
- The Contest Panel Discussion
- Closing Remarks
Acknowledge/Announce dignitary only if present at the event.
For use by Zoom Master or Host. Slides are set up based on Evaluation Contest taking place first. The document will open in Google Slides. Click on File and scroll down to download as a Microsoft PowerPoint document. The file is large, created for 4 area contests taking place at the same time. Delete the slides that are not required for your contests.
If pledge is presented, the flag slide will move (wave) when clicked
All district-level speech contests are to be conducted only at the annual district conference. The decision to hold contests at the area and division level rests with the district executive committee. Contests must be conducted in the same manner for all areas and divisions within the district. For those districts that decide to conduct additional contests, those contests must originate at the club level and proceed through the area, division and district levels. To reiterate: district-level contests are only to be held during the annual district conference.