“The Success of Your Presentation will be judged not by the Knowledge you send but by what the listener receives”-LILLY WALTERS
Tools for VPPRs
There are many tools for VPPRs to use to be the best they can for their club. Here are some from Toastmasters that may help you do your role more efficiently and successfully.
If you are looking for Social Media click HERE
Media contacts such as radio, TV, and newspapers are excellent sources for marketing your club. You can download a complete media kit in pdf from the TI website and customize it to promote the benefits and achievements of your specific Toastmasters club. Remember that nothing is better than word-of-mouth referrals so use testimonials in your promotion.
Send out press releases often as only a small number ever make it to print. Be certain you have included correct contact information and don’t be concerned with follow-up. The editor will call you if necessary. There are countless ways to get your club in the news. You are limited only by your imagination. Read The Power of Publicity
If you need Sample Press Releases they are listed HERE at Toastmasters International
If you are looking for D26 Toastmasters Publication Guidelines
The following documents and other electronic media are available for promoting Toastmasters International, District 26, and Toastmasters clubs. All items are geared towards District 26. For Toastmasters clubs and members in other districts, please feel free to use the materials and modify them to suit your district.
Electronic Media Kit
A collection of informative materials that can be directly downloaded or emailed to a journalist.
Toastmasters Pathways Media Kit
Toastmasters International Media Kit
A complete Toastmasters International electronic media kit can be downloaded as a PDF document here.
Below is a list of the available documents in the electronic media kit for individual download. Right click the links for ‘SAVE’ options.
- Toastmasters International Fact Sheet
- Historical Timeline
- Speaking and Leadership Tips from Toastmasters International
- Become a Better Speaker and Leader
- Toastmasters: Features, Benefits and Value
- Organization Service Chart
- International Map with Locations
- Heat Map of Clubs by Country
- Logos, Images and Templates
Highlights of District 26 Toastmasters
If you know of a club or toastmaster that has been highlighted, please send us a pdf or web link so we can share it district-wide.
- TV interview broadcast on Aurora 8 featuring Ian J. Humphrey, Darryle Brown, and Orbiting Toastmasters club. Made possible by the efforts of D6 area governor, Deborah Frauenfelder.
- Absolutely Articulate #1272692 greeted viewers on Channel 9NEWS wake up call (9/19/11). Thanks to Elinora Reynolds and club president Vanessa Thomas-Jones.
- 1st place Humorous Speech winner, Alan Swartz, is featured in the Summit Daily and you can view a portion of his speech on You Tube.
- Advertise your contests as demonstrated by Toastmasters Area Speech contest coming to Glenwood; courtesy of Yvonne Bryant, F1 Area Governor.
- Ian J. Humphrey takes 1st place in District 26 International Speech Contest; submitted by Gordon Savage DTM.
- Trixie Hunter-Merrill, Toastmaster of The Year 2017-2018, has been spotlighted in Women of Denver for her role in Toastmasters and her life, as well as on a variety of podcast including but not limited to 20 Minutes of Influence, IAMCEO
- Sarah Beasley, ACG, ALB , was featured in Toastmasters Magazine June 2018 “From Introvert to Extrovert”
- Reed Barrett, was not only feature inside the magazine, but was on the Toastmaster Magazine Cover January 2019 “Aiming Sky High” and did his #MyWhy video at headquarters for all to see!
Other VPPR Suggested Tools
There are many resources out there for Public Relations to use. These are some suggestions for you to consider utilizing PR in our modern times.
Canva (Helps you make amazing presentation, fliers, social media banners and more)
Google Suite (Helps you put together easy and smashing Press Releases, Google Sheets to help you keep track of things in a workbook or worksheet format, Google Slides for great slideshow presentations, Google Forms for surveys and more)
Buffer Automation Tool (Helps you automate all your social media at once so you don’t have to go out to each Social Media every-time you want to post)
Press Releases 2017-2018
Press Releases 2018-2019
Does your club have a blog? Those that do remain in constant contact.
Do you post the best speeches on You Tube? This a great way to demonstrate the perceptible skills achieved through Toastmasters.
Are your club members posting to D26 Facebook, LinkedIn or the Official Toastmasters International Members Group
Promoting your club through social media networking is becoming a necessity as more people turn to the internet for communication and information. You Tube testimonials are popular and productive.