“The Success of Your Presentation will be judged not by the Knowledge you send but by what the listener receives”-LILLY WALTERS
Media contacts such as radio, TV, and newspapers are excellent sources for marketing your club. You can download a complete media kit in pdf from the TI website and customize it to promote the benefits and achievements of your specific Toastmasters club. Remember that nothing is better than word-of-mouth referrals so use testimonials in your promotion.
Send out press releases often as only a small number ever make it to print. Be certain you have included correct contact information and don’t be concerned with follow-up. The editor will call you if necessary. There are countless ways to get your club in the news. You are limited only by your imagination. Read The Power of Publicity
Published Press Releases or News Articles
If you know of a club or toastmaster that has been highlighted, please send us a pdf or web link so we can share it district-wide.
- TV interview broadcast on Aurora 8 featuring Ian J. Humphrey, Darryle Brown, and Orbiting Toastmasters club. Made possible by the efforts of D6 area governor, Deborah Frauenfelder.
- Toastmasters International PSA
- Absolutely Articulate #1272692 greeted viewers on Channel 9NEWS wake up call (9/19/11). Thanks to Elinora Reynolds and club president Vanessa Thomas-Jones.
- 1st place Humorous Speech winner, Alan Swartz, is featured in the Summit Daily and you can view a portion of his speech on You Tube.
- Advertise your contests as demonstrated by Toastmasters Area Speech contest coming to Glenwood; courtesy of Yvonne Bryant, F1 Area Governor.
- Ian J. Humphrey takes 1st place in District 26 International Speech Contest; submitted by Gordon Savage DTM.
Club Web Sites
Do you have a website? Do you update it regularly? Toastmasters clubs that use the website for posting their meeting roles find it to be an easy way for members to sign up and alert the club when substitutions are required. It’s not effective, however, if it’s not updated weekly. Visit the TI brand portal for website templates in FreeToastHost, Word Press and Google.
Press Releases 2017-2018
Press Releases 2018-2019
Does your club have a blog? Those that do remain in constant contact.
Do you post the best speeches on You Tube? This a great way to demonstrate the perceptible skills achieved through Toastmasters.
Are your club members posting to D26 Facebook, LinkedIn or the Official Toastmasters International Members Group
Promoting your club through social media networking is becoming a necessity as more people turn to the internet for communication and information. You Tube testimonials are popular and productive.