PR for the Modern Age
PR for the Modern Age Hosted by Trixie Hunter-Merrill, PRM D26
Public Relations has changed. Gone away are the standard practices of Press Releases, Media, and Marketing. Learn how to use Google Docs for PR, Canva for Marketing, Automation Tools like Buffer to maximize our reach across multiple social media channels, & online news forms for events. With Trixie Hunter-Merrill, ACS, DL1, District 26 Toastmasters Public Relations Manager 2018-2019
Basics of Buffer for Toastmasters
Basic of Buffer for Toastmasters Hosted by Trixie Hunter-Merrill, PRM D26
Automation Tools like Buffer help to maximize our reach across multiple social media channels. See how you can use Buffer for your club! With Trixie Hunter-Merrill, ACS, DL1, District 26 Toastmasters Public Relations Manager 2018-2019
1st Ever Virtual Networking (2020)
Northern Division Virtual Networking 2020 Hosted by Trixie Hunter-Merrill, PRM D26
Come watch our First Ever Virtual Networking sponsored by Northern Division, Speaker Arron Stubbs, Dick Sanders with Host Trixie Hunter-Merrill, DTM, District 26 Toastmasters Public Relations Manager 2020-2021
PR Webinar : Where to Start as a VPPR"
PR Webinar “Where to Start as a VPPR” Hosted by Trixie Hunter-Merrill, PRM D26 2020-2021
Come watch our First Ever PR Webinar “Where to Start as a VPPR” by Trixie Hunter-Merrill, DTM, District 26 Toastmasters Public Relations Manager 2020-2021
There are many tools for VPPRs to use to be the best they can for their club. Here are some from Toastmasters that may help you do your role more efficiently and successfully.
If you are looking for Social Media click HERE
Send out press releases often as only a small number ever make it to print. Be certain you have included correct contact information and don’t be concerned with follow-up. The editor will call you if necessary. There are countless ways to get your club in the news. You are limited only by your imagination. Read The Power of Publicity
If you need Sample Press Releases they are listed HERE at Toastmasters International
If you are looking for D26 Toastmasters Publication Guidelines
The following documents and other electronic media are available for promoting Toastmasters International, District 26, and Toastmasters clubs. All items are geared towards District 26. For Toastmasters clubs and members in other districts, please feel free to use the materials and modify them to suit your district.
Electronic Media Kit
A collection of informative materials that can be directly downloaded or emailed to a journalist.
Toastmasters Pathways Media Kit
Toastmasters International Media Kit
A complete Toastmasters International electronic media kit can be downloaded as a PDF document here.
Below is a list of the available documents in the electronic media kit for individual download. Right click the links for ‘SAVE’ options.
- Toastmasters International Fact Sheet
- Historical Timeline
- Speaking and Leadership Tips from Toastmasters International
- Become a Better Speaker and Leader
- Toastmasters: Features, Benefits and Value
- Organization Service Chart
- International Map with Locations
- Heat Map of Clubs by Country
- Logos, Images and Templates
- PR Resources
- TV interview broadcast on Aurora 8 featuring Ian J. Humphrey, Darryle Brown, and Orbiting Toastmasters club. Made possible by the efforts of D6 area governor, Deborah Frauenfelder.
- Absolutely Articulate #1272692 greeted viewers on Channel 9NEWS wake up call (9/19/11). Thanks to Elinora Reynolds and club president Vanessa Thomas-Jones.
- 1st place Humorous Speech winner, Alan Swartz, is featured in the Summit Daily and you can view a portion of his speech on You Tube.
- Advertise your contests as demonstrated by Toastmasters Area Speech contest coming to Glenwood; courtesy of Yvonne Bryant, F1 Area Governor.
- Ian J. Humphrey takes 1st place in District 26 International Speech Contest; submitted by Gordon Savage DTM.
- Trixie Hunter-Merrill, Toastmaster of The Year 2017-2018, has been spotlighted in Women of Denver for her role in Toastmasters and her life, as well as on a variety of podcast including but not limited to 20 Minutes of Influence, IAMCEO
- Sarah Beasley, ACG, ALB , was featured in Toastmasters Magazine June 2018 “From Introvert to Extrovert”
- Reed Barrett, was not only feature inside the magazine, but was on the Toastmaster Magazine Cover January 2019 “Aiming Sky High” and did his #MyWhy video at headquarters for all to see!
Canva (Helps you make amazing presentation, fliers, social media banners and more)
Google Suite (Helps you put together easy and smashing Press Releases, Google Sheets to help you keep track of things in a workbook or worksheet format, Google Slides for great slideshow presentations, Google Forms for surveys and more)
Buffer Automation Tool (Helps you automate all your social media at once so you don’t have to go out to each Social Media every-time you want to post)
Press Releases 2020-2021