The alignment plan is determined during this period, and the plan as a whole is voted on first by the DEC. then at the District Business Meeting. If you have any input to the plan, you must be taking part of the calls and providing timely feedback before the plan is submitted to the vote at the District Business Meeting.
Please review this document and corresponding maps to better understand the proposed club alignment for 2022-23.
Per Protocol 7.0.1, Alignment Considerations are:
The best interests of the clubs and District are taken into consideration when assigning clubs to Areas.
- Areas consist of four (4) to six (6) clubs; however, an Area may consist of three (3) clubs on July 1 only when an effort to charter a fourth club is in process.
- Under no circumstances may an Area have more than six (6) clubs on July 1.
- Advanced clubs may not be segregated into Areas.
- Areas may be segregated by language, subject to the approval of the District Council.
- Districts assign clubs to Areas based upon:
- a. Geographic proximity to other clubs
- b. The ability of an Area Director to effectively provide service
- c. Club size and strength (e.g., paid, active, disbanding)
- d. Prospective clubs and expected growth
- e. The likelihood of eligibility for Distinguished programs (e.g., club base of the Area or Division)
A Division must have a minimum of three (3) Areas.
Please contact our District Director, Victoria Cox, DTM with any suggestions or concerns at: districtdirector[at]nulld26leaders.org