So you are VP Membership . . . now what should you do?
I have been VP Membership over six years in four different clubs. Here are 12 essential practices that I have developed over the years.
- Do your homework. Read Club Leadership Handbook, The Navigator and go through all the tutorials in Pathways under Navigating Base Camp
- Record visitor contact information – whether you are present or not
- Develop a Visitor Folder: TM magazine, membership application, list of Paths
- Invite visitors to speak before and after the meeting
- Assign a member to sit with each visitor and coach them through the meeting
- Invite visitors to join but let them know there is no pressure
- Follow up with email, phone call or letter – thank them for coming, mention something they did, features/benefits of TM, invite them back, “feel free to contact me with any questions”
- Help them fill out application – train every member to do this! PROCESS APPLICATION IMMEDIATELY
- Always vote new members in, have some kind of welcoming ceremony. Develop a New Member Folder: Ice Breaker Project, Pathways Paths and Projects, start up info on Pathways, meeting roles, officer duties. Ensure a mentor is assigned and their Icebreaker is scheduled within first few weeks
- Recognize members achieving educational awards with some type of ceremony
- Periodically invite former visitors to return – always invite to special occasions
- Have Fun! Make it Fun!
Please follow and like us: