Let’s start simple.
Do you know what a Press Release is?
A Press Release is News Release.
Why do you use a Press Release, Free press, Free Media?
A Press Release is used to gain FREE Media from the press.
What can it do for your club, events, and even personally?
It can enhance your events, your open houses, your club’s regular meeting days and times.
Do you know where to start?
Let’s start here. Sample Press Releases from Toastmasters
From Toastmasters Website
Give your club and/or district the publicity and recognition it deserves! Tell your local community about Toastmasters events, programs and member achievements. Use the news templates below to garner interest and awareness. Here are the instructions:
Choose (by clicking on) the news release below that best fits your needs, edit the news release to your specifications and then pitch it via email to your local news media. A few things to keep in mind:
- All releases are formatted and downloadable as Word documents.
- Click on a news release and save it to your computer.
- Localize the news release by replacing the bolded text with your club or district information. Proofread it for accuracy.
- Once finished replacing the bolded text with your club or district information, delete the bolded text and parenthesis and save your changes.
- Email the news release to local news media. Paste the release into an email, below the pitch and your email signature. Do not attach the release to your email. Attachments to journalists usually get caught by spam filters.
Sample Templates and Releases
Two other forms you may need for your events or release:
I create Press Releases for my Networking Events, as well as the District 26 Communication & Leadership Award we presented at the Spring Conference, and when we received our 70th Anniversary Proclamation from the City/County of Denver and State of Colorado. A Press Release alone won’t do all you need to do for FREE Media, but it is a great start. For other ways to promote your events, look for online event sites like Yelp, Eventful, and Mapado, to name a few I have used. If you need any help, toastmasters Headquarters is just a phone call away!
To check out my Press Releases and for other Public Relations assistance, go to our Public Relations Page
Public Relations Manager