Fall Training Expo, Oct. 20, 2018, Sizzled and Sparkled
Wow, what an amazing day we had for our inaugural Fall Training Expo. Our training theme was focused on Club Excellence topics to help strengthen everyone’s home club. All the details can be found here: https://www.d26toastmasters.org/fall-training-expo/
Thanks go out to the 25 volunteers and 13 speakers who executed such a large event for our 160 attendees. We especially appreciate Sheryl Roush traveling to Colorado to share her Marketing and Speechcraft expertise while closing with her ‘Heart of a Toastmaster’ keynote.
Rhea Thompson, Immediate Past District Director, was roasted and thanked for her service during lunch. Then after dinner she recognized many Toastmasters that earned education and leadership awards during the Hall of Fame.
Special recognition goes out to these worthy recipients:
Stephen Moulton, Area Director of the Year
Victoria Cox, Division Director of the Year
Trixie Hunter-Merrill, Toastmaster of the Year
Marcia Wood, District Director Award
Many attendees expressed how valuable the Expo was to them.
A sampling of glowing comments submitted were:
- I could have not been any prouder of how well the Expo came together and flowed throughout the day.
- From my viewpoint, it was a huge success. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and also learned a few new things, even if I have been a TM for 38 years!
- So proud to have been part of such an amazing learning experience.
- I have a new appreciation for the dedication and hard work of so many Toastmasters. What a fabulous community of terrific people.
- Sheryl, you gave an excellent performance! Everyone did such an excellent job!
- Very motivational, many specific and helpful tips.
- I loved the entire event! It was very well put together and flowed smoothly. Great job everyone!
We hope to see you at next year’s event!