District Spring Conference, May 3&4, 2019
We look forward to seeing you at our Spring Conference!
Be entertained by our highest level of speech competition
Support our Evaluation & International Speech contestants
Learn from a world champion speaker Darren LaCroix
Network with others from across the District
Learn about our future leaders during Candidates Showcase
Vote on important topics during our Business meeting
Keynote Speaker: Darren LaCroix, WCPS 2001 (World Champion of Public Speaking)
Inspiring you to do better in life, public speaking, and the business of speaking!
He felt invisible in high school.
He failed as a business owner.
He worked in a cubicle for over a decade.
Today he’s a world champion speaker.
What made the difference for him
can make the difference for you.
Keynote descriptions listed below
Check out these these TWO Special Keynotes Darren LaCroix with be sharing with us!!
Friday 6:30 pm Keynote: “Own the Stage”
How serious are you about becoming a better speaker? Are you confident enough to hear the truth?
• Michael Jordan has a coach… Every professional athlete has a coach… The best professional speakers have been coached… The reason: You can’t become great on your own. To go from GOOD TO GREAT, we need feedback from a higher level. In 2001 Darren LaCroix outspoke 25,000 contestants from 14 countries to become the World Champion of Public Speaking. Not bad for a guy who bombed miserable in comedy club 9 years earlier.
• Darren admits there is NO WAY he could have won without a Speaker Coach. He actually had 2. One coach, Mark Brown, the 1995 World Champion gave him the exact opposite advice as everyone else. Champions think differently.
Do you have a coach?
Join your presentation coach for the day, World Champion Speaker, Darren LaCroix.
Saturday 8:15 am Morning Keynote: “How to Be Unforgettable”
Do people in your audience remember your presentation 3 days after you speak? How about 3 months? 3 Years?
Anyone can stand up and give a
presentation, but how do you stand out from the crowd? More importantly how can you give an UNFORGETTABLE presentation that leaves your message indelibly on the hearts and minds of your audience?
In 2001 Darren LaCroix out-spoke 25,000 contestants from 14 countries to become the World Champion of Public Speaking with a very funny speech. Not only that, but people are talking about his “fall” over a decade after he gave his UNFORGETTABLE speech.
Darren will give us a peek behind the
curtain so you can see the UNFORGETTABLE process. Follow this process so you too can be UNFORGETTABLE!
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Denver Tech Center
7801 E Orchard Rd, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Maps and Directions CLICK HERE
Group Rates: The Double Tree is holding a small room block Friday and Saturday nights at $104 plus taxes.
To reserve a room: Go to http://group.doubletree.com/
Note: If you are told rooms are not available, please advise the Registration Chair. We will do our best to increase the number of reserved rooms.
Choice of a king with sofa or two queen beds, one breakfast buffet voucher per room, free self-parking, free wi-fi, mini refrigerator, free parking
Contacts for Spring Conference:
- Event Chair: Louise Watson, D51718@d26leaders.org
- Program Quality Director: Mike Akins, email@example.com Mobile Phone Number: 720-304-6800
To volunteer at the Conference, please contact Louise Watson. The roles and responsibilities are explained on our Conference Roles page.
Attire/Dress Code for Events:
- Saturday: Business Casual All Day
- Friday and Saturday Evening Suggested Cocktail Attire
Club Presidents and Vice Presidents Education that are unable to attend, please complete THIS FORM and have proxy holder present to credentials desk
A tiskit a tasket, it doesn’t have to be a basket! Fill a tub of goodies! Fill a wooden box with wine! Pick something fun to put it in! Fill it! Wrap it with Plastic! Bring it to Spring Conference! Go ask your club “What Silent Auction Item are we going to do?!” Don’t ask “Are we going to do a Silent Auction item?” A failure to plan is a plan to fail! How can you WOW us? What is your club’s WOW Factor Silent Auction item? Be creative!
What? Silent Auction
When? District 26 Spring Conference May 3 & 4, 2019
Where? DoubleTree Hotel Tech Center, 7801 E Orchard Rd, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Why? Funds raised through the silent auction keep everyone’s registration costs lower
Who? You and your club!! Together, you can develop a basket that will reflect your creativity!
Ideas for baskets:
- Hobbies – Gardening, reading, etc.
- Kids and Babies
- Movie night (popcorn, candy, DVD(s))
- Relaxation (bubble bath, soap, candles)
- Chocolate lovers (various types of chocolates)
- Wine lovers (bottle of wine and opener)
- Cooking/BBQ Basket
- Best of your State/Region
- Speaking, Self-Improvement, Networking, etc.
Please complete the donor form and submit online. (https://forms.gle/oNv3FD2eqGcEAXWb9)
Friday, May 3
4:30 PM Evaluation Contestant Briefing
5:00 PM Registration Opens / Credentials Opens / Silent Auction Opens/ Evaluation Contest Briefings
5:30 PM First Timers Gathering / Social Gathering with Cash Bar
6:00 PM Buffet Dinner
6:30 PM Keynote: Darren LaCroix
7:45 PM Evaluation Contest
9:00 PM Social Gathering with Cash Bar
Saturday, May 4
7:00 AM Registration Opens
7:30 AM First Timers Gathering
8:00 AM Opening Ceremony and Welcome
8:15 AM Keynote: Darren LaCroix
9:45 AM Candidate Showcase
12:00 PM Communication and Leadership Award plated Luncheon
12:45 PM Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) recognition
1:30 PM Educational Breakout Sessions
2:00pm Credentials Close
2:30 PM Banner Parade Line up
2:45 PM Banner Parade
3:00 PM Business Meeting
4:45 PM Silent Auction Closes
4:45 PM International Speech Contestant Briefing
5:00 PM International Speech Contest Briefings
5:30 PM Social time with Cash Bar
6:00 PM District Officers and Past District Directors Line-up
6:15 PM Dignitaries Enter
6:30 PM Plated Dinner / First Timers Drawing
7:45 PM International Speech Contest
9:30 PM Adjourn & Social Gathering
View the amazing menu the DoubleTree has arranged for us! Please explain dietary restrictions on your registration form so we may accommodate. Meals may not be available for walk-ins.
Friday Buffet Dinner
Smoked Butternut Squash Soup with “Mole” Crumble and Lime Crema
- Local Celery Root and Arugula Salad with Winter Citrus, Aged Parmesan, Toasted Pine Nuts and Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
- Heirloom Apple and Red Endive Salad with Point Reyes Blue Cheese, Pickled Mustard Seed, Toasted Brioche and Honey Mustard Dressing
- Dukkah Spiced Flank Steak Grilled with Sauce Romesco, Roasted Farm Kale-Heirloom Braised Potato and Heirloom Cauliflower
- Hand Made Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Emulsion, Pine Nuts, Roasted Pear and Fresh Herbs Braised
- Free Range Boulder Chicken with Green Olives, Toasted Almonds, White Grapes, Meyer Lemon, Natural Jus
Saturday Plated Lunch
Farm Greens with Roasted Pumpkin, Cranberries, Feta Cheese and Toasted Walnuts Served with House Balsamic
ENTREE (choose one)
- Free Range Boulder Natural Chicken Breast with White Bean Ragout, Caramelized Brussels Sproutsand White Grape, Pine Nut Salsa Sec
- Alaskan Cod: Toasted Saffron Rice Pilaf, Smoked Seasonal Vegetables and Smoked Paprika Aioli
- Vegan Quinoa Falafel: Carrot-Coconut Puree and Seasonal Vegetables
House Made Meyer Lemon Cake with Winter Fruit
Saturday Plated Dinner
Romaine and Pear Salad with Brie Cheese, Pickled Onion, Toasted Hazelnut and Poppy SeedDressing
ENTREE (choose one)
- Herb Crusted Grass Fed Filet of Beef with Glazed Root Vegetables and Salsa Verde
- Blackened Chicken Breast with Old Bay Aioli, Cajun Dirty Rice and Seasonal Vegetables
- House Made Ricotta Gnocchi with Caramelized Winter Vegetables, Blue Cheese Fonduta and AppleBrown Butter
San Francisco Style Cheese Cake
By Sunday 4/28/19
- $130 Full conference
- $100 Saturday-only meals and activities
- $30 All speeches without meals
- $46 Friday dinner buffet
- $38 Saturday plated lunch
- $46 Saturday plated dinner
- Free – contests, candidates showcase, business meeting
After Sunday 4/28/19, meals subject to availability
- $160 Full conference
- $120 Saturday-only meals and activities
- $40 All speeches without meals
- $56 Friday dinner buffet
- $48 Saturday plated lunch
- $56 Saturday plated dinner
- Free – contests, candidates showcase, business meeting
Educational Breakout Sessions:
Want to get an idea which Breakout you might want to attend?
Read below for more info!
1:30 to 2:30 pm Educational Breakout Sessions
Sarah Beasley, DTM and Susie Overton, MS2 :
Pathways: Evolve and Engage. Join us as we explore an understanding of core competencies. Vital to clubs, we will demystify Mentoring in the Pathways. DTM’s are becoming a reality! Let’s clarify the road to achievement of this prestigious award. Information to engage members/updated resources will be available. 15 minute Q&A Session.
Donna Riccardo, ALB, ACS :
How to Improve Your Speaking by Listening. Many people live as though life is either talking or waiting to talk. In this class you will explore 3 ways to listen to others and how you can use them in front of the room to really connect with your audience. You may discover that much of what you’ve been doing is waiting and not listening at all!
Brooke Chesnut, CC :
How Leadership Lessons Learned Climbing Mt. Everest can Transform your Pathways Journey. Immerse yourself in a 10 week journey of images, stories and overcoming adversity to succeed on Everest; then use the metaphor of the mountain to impact your Pathways journey. Learn the similarities between success at Everest Base Camp and success at Base Camp in Pathways. How do these two “Base Camps” connect, support and deliver a foundation for success as a climber or Toastmaster?
JP Bachmann, DTM:
Beyond Toastmasters. Discover the opportunities for personal growth, career advancement and leadership which Toastmasters provides at every level from club to international. Leadership cannot be learned from a class or a book, it must be experienced. Learn how Toastmasters extends beyond the club and into real life.