& Leadership Award
Communication & Leadership Award
The District 26 Communication & Leadership Award is a prestigious award that may be given annually to honor a non-Toastmaster who has made substantial contributions in the areas of communications and leadership.
Following are the criteria used for award recipient selection:
1. Must be a resident of the geographical area covered by District 26 (i.e., Colorado, Wyoming and Western Nebraska).
2. Must be a non-Toastmaster, can be a former Toastmaster.
3. Should have distinguished himself/herself as a leader or spokesperson for a worthy cause or purpose, especially as it exemplified their communication and leadership skills.
4. Shall have made a significant contribution to the communities within the District.
5. Should not be limited to one organization, but should be community/district wide and
Should support the Toastmasters organization.
6. This award may not be presented to a recipient a second time.
7. Must be able to personally accept the award and give an acceptance address at the District 26 Spring Conference.
8. Should be a skilled communicator/speaker.
A person who has become a public official, a business leader, an academic leader, or who is successful in other fields of endeavor would be an excellent Award Recipient.
- Any District 26 Toastmaster in good standing may submit a nomination for the award.
- Nominations must be made in writing on the Nomination Form, or a similar format, providing reasons why the nominee should be considered for the award.
- Nominations must be submitted to the Communication & Leadership Award Chair by the published nominations due date.
- The Communication & Leadership Award Chair will send all submittals to the District Director after the nomination due date.
- The District Director will consider all nominations submitted by Toastmasters in District 26 by the due date and decide which nominee, if any, is worthy of the award.
- If an award is to be given, the District 26 Director will contact the recipient, tell him/her that he/she has been chosen to receive the award, advise the recipient that he/she must make an acceptance address at the Spring Conference as a condition of receiving the award, and advise of all other pertinent details. The lunch on Saturday of the Spring Conference is the preferred time for the award. However, the award recipient and the Conference Chair may mutually agree upon another time during the Conference.
- On or about the award announcement date, the District 26 Director will announce the award recipient or announce that there will not be an award that year.
Timing and Type of Award
The District 26 Communication & Leadership Award, if made for the year, is given at the Spring Conference, at which time the recipient gives an appropriate acceptance address.
The award is given in the form of a plaque, purchased by District 26 from Toastmasters International, and appropriately engraved with the winner’s name, year of the award, name of award, and other pertinent information.
Nominations are now open
Award Presentation Date: May 4th, 2019
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech Center
7801 East Orchard Rd, Greenwood Village, Colorado, 80111