Join the Bureau
“Be sincere; be brief; be seated.”
– Franklin D. Roosevelt, on speechmaking
Stretch yourself beyond Toastmasters!
Join the Toastmasters Speaker’s Bureau
If you’re looking for opportunities to speak to audiences outside of Toastmasters club meetings and events, you have found the right place!
Hundreds of organizations in our district seek speakers every week. The District 26 Speakers’ Bureau provides easy access to a directory of our own enthusiastic, experienced, and interesting speakers to fill that demand.
The Speaker’s Bureau serves active Toastmaster members looking for ways to expand their speaking engagements outside of Toastmasters. If you’re looking for additional opportunities to speak within Toastmasters, such as becoming a test speaker, practicing at other clubs, etc., get it touch with your Lieutenant Governor of Education & Training, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You enjoy meeting new people
- You would like more opportunities to speak to diverse audiences
- You enjoy sharing an important message and making a difference
- You find informing and inspiring audiences rewarding
- You have a burning desire to share your story
- You joined Toastmasters to expand beyond your comfort zone
- You feel ready to take your speaking experience to a higher level
- You want to become a professional speaker
- You would like to promote your message to expand your business
If you identify with any of these reasons, go ahead a post your profile now!
All current members of Toastmasters qualify for their own listing on the Speakers’ Bureau.
If you actively volunteer to speak at your club and visit other clubs to get more speaking opportunities, you have the desire. If manual speeches at your Toastmasters club seem easy, you have the confidence. If you have a 20-30-minute speech ready to go, you have the material. If you seek opportunities to leave the comfort and safety of your Toastmasters club, you have the attitude. Go ahead and submit your profile!
How to Join
If you are looking for opportunities to raise your credibility and visibility as a speaker outside of Toastmasters club meetings and events, then create a profile in the Speakers’ Bureau Directory.
To make it easy to create your profile, gather the following information before logging on to create (or update) your listing:
- Photo: a professional looking head shot
- Club Name(s) and number(s)
- Contact information: Phones, E-mail, Website(s), Blog(s).
- Introduction: A concise (up to 50 words) bio telling us about you and your expertise, carefully worded to entice a potential client.
- Background: up to 200 words (recommended), written in 3rd person about yourself. You can include testimonials here.
- Speech topic information, including title, description, duration, keywords.
- Your zip-code and travel radius
You can return to your profile anytime to revise (or remove) it. Keep in mind that an incomplete profile may cause an event planner to pass you up. If you have everything ready before you start the process, you will create a complete profile and have the best chance of getting noticed by someone looking for your expertise.
If you’d like more information about the Speakers’ Bureau and how it can help you get more exposure as a professional speaker, sign up for our Speakers’ Bureau Newsletter. You can also opt in for information about speaker workshops as well as opportunities for last minute bookings.